As we age, the skin on the face begins to show the effects of gravity, sun exposure and years of facial muscle movement. The underlying tissues that keep our skin looking healthy and vibrant begin to lose volume and elasticity, often leaving laugh lines, crow’s feet or facial creases. While these issues may not necessitate medical concern, they can leave the individual feeling self-conscious, uncomfortable, and just generally dissatisfied with his or her appearance. Fortunately, there is a way to address many of these issues without undergoing cosmetic surgery — injectable treatments.
At South Coast Plastic Surgery, we offer a wide variety of injectable treatments that will leave you looking and feeling your best.
Is a Cosmetic Procedure Right for You? Find Out!
Take the South Coast "Cosmetic Procedure Readiness Quiz"
Get important facts about the procedures you are considering and find out what options are right for you. Get Your Cosmetic Procedure Readiness score now.
These treatments include:
Dermal Fillers: These soft-tissue fillers can help fill in the lines and creases and restore volume in targeted areas, giving you a smoother, more natural-looking appearance. They can also be used to define, augment, and give fullness to the lips and/or cheeks.
- Juvederm Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC
- Juvederm Voluma
Wrinkle Smoothers: These quick, effective injectables help smooth facial lines and wrinkles that are caused by muscle movement.
Vein Treatments: We offer an injection-based therapy to help eliminate the appearance of spider veins anywhere on the body.
Our injectables are administered by our Injection Specialist, Dr. Mark E. Song, M.D.. With ten years of aesthetic injectable experience, Dr. Mark Song, M.D., has both the technical skill, medical acumen, and genuine artistry to deliver the results you want when it comes to non-surgical wrinkle correction and facial contouring and enhancement.
If you would like to learn more about any of our injectable treatments, please contact South Coast Plastic Surgery. We are more than happy to speak with you about each procedure and how they will enhance and treat your appearance.
What is sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure done by your healthcare provider to treat uncomplicated spider veins and uncomplicated reticular veins. The treatment involves the injection of a solution into the affected veins.
What are varicose veins?
Varicose veins are large blue, dark purple veins. They protrude from the skin and many times they have a cord-like appearance and may twist or bulge. Varicose veins are found most frequently on the legs.
What are spider veins?
Spider veins are very small and very fine red or blue veins. They are closer to the surface of the skin than varicose veins. They can look like a thin red line, tree branches or spider webs. Spider veins can be found on the legs and face and may cover a small or large area.
What are reticular veins?
Reticular veins can also be known as feeder veins. They are the blue and green veins beneath the surface of the skin.
Reticular veins enlarge because of increased pressure in the vein. They can be caused by heredity. You may have reticular veins alone but you may also have spider veins at the same time.
What causes spider and reticular veins?
Spider and reticular veins can be caused by many factors.
- Heredity. Having a family member with prominent veins may increase the risk of you developing them. Approximately half of the people who get varicose veins have a family history of them.
- Age. The normal wear and tear of aging may cause valves in the veins to weaken and not work as well.
- Gender. Women are two to three times more likely to develop varicose veins than men. Up to half of American women have varicose veins. Changes in hormones due to puberty, pregnancy, menopause, or taking birth control pills may increase a woman’s risk of developing varicose veins.
- Pregnancy. During pregnancy, the growth of the fetus increases the pressure on the veins in the legs. Varicose veins that occur during pregnancy usually improve within 3 to 12 months following delivery.
- Overweight and obesity. Having extra weight on the body can put additional pressure on the veins.
- Prolonged standing or sitting. This is particularly true with legs bent or crossed. When standing or sitting with legs bent or crossed, the veins have to work harder to pump the blood up to the heart.
Other possible causes for varicose veins are race, posture, occupation, hormones such as estrogen and progesterone, primary valvular incompetence, and incompetent perforating veins.
The 8-Point Lift: A non-surgical facelift using various dermal fillers to address volume loss and to lift the face for a rejuvenating effect. Also known as the Liquid Facelift, the 8-Point Lift targets key areas of the mid-face to lift, contour and rejuvenate the mid and lower face. Call now to learn more about this exciting approach to rejuvenation!