Summer has come and gone – and that means it’s time to break out the cozy sweaters, Halloween decorations, and pumpkin spice everything!
But these fall favorites shouldn’t be the only things that emerge once the days start getting shorter. Now’s the time to retire your summer skincare routine in favor of one that prioritizes TLC, heavier moisturizers, and lots of prep for the holiday season. Here are the top techniques to do just that, straight from the skincare professionals at South Coast Plastic Surgery in Irvine, CA:
- Erase summertime damage: Fall is the best time to help skin recover from any sun damage that may have occurred during the summer. Without some serious TLC, it’s possible for skin to develop age spots, uneven skin tone, and other signs of sun damage. That’s why, at South Coast Plastic Surgery, we recommend using the Vi Peel to speed skin along to a beautiful recovery. This gentle peel is effective at removing damaged dermis layers without requiring the same recovery as chemical peels. With regular Vi Peel treatments, you can reveal brighter and younger-looking skin.
- Invest in a good moisturizer: As the weather gets colder and drier, you’ll need to swap out your light summertime moisturizer for a thicker cream that hydrates. At South Coast Plastic Surgery, we offer a number of moisturizers and skincare products that can keep your skin healthy and safe during the drying winter months.
- Invest in body lotion too! Your face isn’t the only part of your body that should get some love. We also recommend investing in a thicker body lotion designed to hydrate and soothe irritated skin. Look for body creams or lotions developed by dermatologists, as these skincare products are worth the investment.
- Cut back on exfoliating: Exfoliating too much can cause your already-dry skin to become irritated and red. If you haven’t already, cut your exfoliating routine back to once per week. Anymore than that, and you’re probably doing more harm than good.
- Invest in a humidifier: Finally, make sure your skin gets the moisture it needs even while you’re sleeping. A humidifier helps add moisture back to the air, which can help your skin remain hydrated and healthy. Plus, a humidifier is great for getting a better night’s sleep!
Ready to get your skin glowing and gorgeous for the holidays? Schedule your skincare consultation at South Coast Plastic Surgery in Irvine, CA today.
South Coast Plastic Surgery serves the greater Orange County areas.