The Benefits Of Shaped Implants
There’s no denying that there’s a lot of information that you should consider before deciding to undergo a breast augmentation. While many women focus on the benefits of the surgery and what size they should be, there’s another important question that should be answered as soon as you make the decision to undergo a breast augmentation…
Should you opt for traditional round breast implants, or shaped implants?
Here at Song Plastic Surgery in Irvine, California – also serving the greater Orange County area – board-certified plastic surgeon Kyle Song, MD, can make the decision much easier for you. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should opt for a shaped breast implant over a traditional round implant:
- A shaped implant has a teardrop shape, which closely resembles the natural anatomical shape of a woman’s breast. This can make your overall results look far more natural than a round implant, which often gives an artificial “baseball” shaped appearance. If you’re looking for tasteful breast enhancements, a teardrop shape can give you the appearance you’re looking for.
- Many shaped implants feel softer to the touch, which resembles the feel and motion of the natural breast. This is ideal for patients who want to enhance the size of their breasts without sacrificing the look and feel of a natural breast.
- The shaped implant is much more durable and longer lasting than a traditional round implant. This durability allows the implant to maintain its shape over a longer period of time, which can help reduce any costs associated with replacing implants later down the line.
- Shaped implants are less prone to rippling and tearing, which can be more common with traditional round implants. This is ideal for patients who want to undergo a breast augmentation with minimal upkeep throughout the years.
- They offer women far more choice. Instead of being restricted to traditional round implants, women can now choose teardrop-shaped implants of all sizes, giving them more freedom to decide what their new breasts are going to look like.
- Shaped implants have a reduced risk for capsular contracture, which causes the formation of scar tissue in the breasts.
As you can see, there are so many benefits to choosing shaped implants over traditional round implants. If you have any additional questions about these implants, schedule a breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Kyle Song at Song Plastic Surgery in Irvine, California.
Call (949) 701-4454 to schedule an appointment today.