What Are the Best Questions to Ask My Plastic Surgeon Before Undergoing Facial Rejuvenation?
If you’re ready to turn back the hands of time, facial rejuvenation procedures can help you look decades younger in mere minutes. From laser skin resurfacing and Botox to facial contouring and facelifts, there are a number of procedures out there designed to help you look – and feel – your absolute best.
Yet before you sign up for any of these procedures, you need to be sure you’re working with the best plastic surgeon possible. Even a procedure as “minor” as undergoing Botox injections carries risks; therefore, you want to completely understand every procedure, as well as how your plastic surgeon will look out for your health.
Take a look at the best questions to ask your plastic surgeon before undergoing any facial rejuvenation procedure:
- Who’s going to perform the procedure? In some cases, the procedure may be performed by a technician or another licensed professional, instead of the plastic surgeon. If you’re opting for a procedure that’s going to be performed by someone else, be sure to request a consultation with that specific person. That way, you can ensure you’re absolutely comfortable with this person before moving forward with the treatment.
- Are you board-certified? Only the American Board of Plastic Surgery can officially bestow the hard-earned title of board certification.
- How often have you performed this procedure? Ideally, you’ll want to work with a plastic surgeon who has a long history of performing this particular procedure. That means the surgeon is more likely to deliver the results you want as opposed to a newly vetted surgeon.
- Do you have a portfolio of previous patients? If you can’t find a slideshow on the plastic surgeon’s website of past patients, ask to see one in person. If the plastic surgeon is hesitant about showing you past work or doesn’t have an extensive portfolio, you may want to work with another professional.
- What should I expect from recovery? It’s important to go into every procedure with a firm understanding of what you can expect from the recovery process. That way, you’ll know if you need to contact your plastic surgeon should your recovery not mirror any of the symptoms you were told to expect.
If you’re looking for highly experienced plastic surgeons who specialize in facial rejuvenation, look no further than board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Kyle Song at South Coast Plastic Surgery in Irvine, California. Contact South Coast to schedule your consultation today.
South Coast Plastic Surgery serves the greater Orange County areas. Call (949)701-4454 to learn more today.